Saturday, January 24, 2009

Simple Layouts

It's Saturday. Afternoon already. The first 2 I'm posting are the layouts I worked on Thursday and finished last night. The first one was for the challenge on Scrappy Times. It is to create a page about your favorite things. I had to ask my dd. The most of the thinks on this list I knew already but I didn't know her favorite number and season. So it was a good thing I did this page. I made this page very simple. Used a transparency for the frame. No distressing of any kind. The second one was made for ScrapStars' current challenge. They provided a sketch to use. So this one came along fairly easily. And last night I found this challenge blog called BASB. It happened that the current challenge is to create a page with only ONE patterned paper. I thought what a great timing, I just made one, thinking about "my favorites". But I realized I used cardstock to mat the photo. So I made another layout this morning. I picked this photo last night but couldn't choose a paper. It took me a while. I decided on this simple paper and went ahead and put the photo in the center and added a ribbon around it. I wished I had thought through before I did it.... because I had no idea what I wanted to do with it. Anyway after strugling some more, I finished it. I used non-paper items to decorate. I like all 3 simple layouts here.

No comments: